Our vision is to create an unforgettable, high quality experience with the African wilderness for our guests. But it is just as important for us to make sure that this indescribly beautiful nature with the many endangered species can be preserved and admired by the next generations as well.
Rhulani makes a permanent contribution to the conservation and protection of the animal population. Although Madikwe is a wildlife reserve, where the laws of the free nature apply, there is a park management, which undertakes certain activities for the protection of endangered animal species.
For many conservation activities, the reserve is dependent on donations. As a guest of Rhulani, you are invited to give support, which will transform your holidays to a memorable experience. We are glad to organize for you an exclusive program of an urgently needed "conservation activity", where you as the sponsor will participate actively and get an insight into how conservationists works. It is a unique opportunity to do something meaningful and add a special experience to your holidays.
Examples of typical conservation activities are rhino notching, lion contraception, buffalo collar removal, and very specific activities depending on the need at the time of your request. Interested guests should contact our Front of House early enough to see what options are available to organize the activity for the time of your stay. Rhulani will provide you with an offer that covers the effective costs of the operation, including the veterinarian, conservationist and the use of a helicopter if required. The total cost depends on the type and duration of the activity.
The work is embedded in an attractive daily program, which includes:
- exclusive day for you and your group with your Rhulani Ranger
- crossing the Madikwe Reserve to the east side (where you normally do not get)
- start of the program in the Madikwe Botanical Gardens with breakfast or lunch
- briefing about the activity by the veterinarian and the conservationist
- search for the animal by helicopter (if necessary), whereby a guest can fly as a passenger
- darting of the animal from the helicopter
- work on the animal with the veterinarian, with active participation from the guests
- ensure that the animal comes back on its feet and it recovers well
- return to Rhulani
Have a look at some examples of activities we have done in the past in the below list and contact us if you are interested.