The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Although Madikwe is a wildlife reserve, where the laws of the free nature apply, there is a park management, which undertakes certain activities for the protection of endangered animal species. As a guest of Rhulani, can I give support and participate in such activities?
On 15 September we reported that we have lost the signal and traces of our female Cheetah Iketle. Now, more than a month later, Iketle remains disappeared. None of the rangers from the Madikwe reserve has ever been able to see Iketle on a game drive. Does this mean that Iketle is dead? Has the Cheetah project failed?