The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Have you ever dreamed of becoming a ranger? In Episode 6 Rhulani Safari Lodge Field Guide Alasdair finds us a heard of elephants with little babies, and a mother protecting them. Hold your breath!
If an elephant once in its life breaks a tusk, it does not grow again, it is lost. It is just a tooth, and not a nail or horn like the horn from a rhinoceros. Here we meet an elephant bull with just one tusk.
Let’s walk through Rhulani’s entrance circle today and let us take a look at the first impressions our arriving guests get from our lodge. It would be exaggerated to say that it is a “garden”, but there are some very nice aloes, which welcome our guests.