The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
It was not the most spectacular sighting of the four cheetah brothers of Madikwe, but it was our last one. Shortly after, this amazing coalition, which was not feared at all, had to leave the place, in exchange of two new male coalitions.
Today we examine a termite mound, which was built up in the past few months, right in front of our terrace, that is between the lodge and the waterhole.
At Rhulani’s watering hole, at a hidden spot, a photo camera is placed, which captures images automatically when something moves in front of the lens. So we have made in recent months and years many beautiful, bizarre and surprising photos of animals, which passed by the lodge looking for water ...