The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
The pipes, which deliver the water from our central tanks to the different lodge areas, are running under the ground. It may well happen that a pipe suffers a leak, and we have to act quickly to keep the water supply upright. Today, we watch Richard when fixing a broken pipe.
In the large tree next to our entrance, a yellow weaver is building diligently its nest. It’s a pretty hard work for this little bird, that is constantly flying in construction material, and then accurately installs it in the round, hollowed nest. A funny play high above our heads.