The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
The quiet hours of the day are usually spent in the private guest chalet, especially when it rains. But who knocks on the window with the beak and looks in our room? Two yellow-billed hornbills, a bird that is very often seen in the lodge!
Valentine’s Day is the day of love that was used by a guest couple from Brazil to renew the marriage vows with us. Our guests chose the setting in the midst of the African bush for the special day. Our staff slipped it into local, traditional clothing and painted their faces.