The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Today we see two different herds of antelope together, grazing peacefully. On the one hand, the very common blue wildebeest, on the other hand, the red hartebeest, which is more challenging to find in Madikwe.
Not so long ago, at Rhulani Safari Lodge we started supporting the “Andries Moseki Crèche” at the nearby village of Lekgophung. We do this financially, but above all with a lot of heart and sweat. Let’s take a look at our Community Project.
Madikwe Game Reserve is a true bird paradise. According to the latest estimates, there are more than 400 different bird species. On 17 October 2018 we began to photograph the birds and to create an encyclopedia. Our guests win a cocktail at the bar when they send us a new bird photo. Follow the current status here!