The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Did you know that at Rhulani there is a large family of banded mongooses that have found their home in the area of our new hide? Rhulani’s manager Riaan tells us more about these lively animals, and mentions the types of mongooses that are found in Madikwe Game Reserve.
The lion mummy left her three cubs alone for a moment. Rather uncommon for lions all of them are male cubs. They are not babies any more but still quite small. The little ones are waiting under the protection of grass and bushes. When does mummy come back?
Did you know that our “Captain Redbeard” Alasdair’s favorite animal is the giraffe? On our safari today, Alasdair has the opportunity to introduce us to this wonderful animal and to tell us why he loves it so much.