The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Did you know that when an elephant bull is in musth, his testosterone level is more than ten times higher than normal? Rhulani’s head ranger Sean tells us how you can easily recognise when an elephant is in musth and how you should behave when you find one on the road.
Known as @pilotmadeleine on Instagram with 1.1 million followers, Madeleine Schneider-Weiffenbach calls herself a “blogger & globetrotter” — and she also happens to be a trained pilot on the hunt for a job. With her family she has just visited Rhulani Safari Lodge and is describing her impressions.
“Geophagy” means eating earth or soil-like substrates. Let us observe some white rhinos for a minute doing this strange practice that has attracted the attention of many researchers. Clay minerals have been reported to have beneficial microbiological effects, such as protecting the stomach against toxins, parasites, and pathogens.