The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Hi! We are far out in the bush today’s blog, somewhere in the beautiful nature of the Madikwe Game Reserve. Alasdair found leopard tracks that are pretty fresh, so there’s a good chance that the dangerous cat is not far from us and that we may find it a bit later.
When the proud male lion “Kwandwe” walks through the bush, he makes it rather easy and slow, but we know: Kwandwe is in search of food and will attack quickly when prey is near him. Nice to follow Kwandwe for a while and having him so close.