The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Today is the International Mandela Day. At Rhulani Safari Lodge we celebrate this day to honour the legacy of Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s former President, and his values, through volunteering and community work at the “Andries Moseki Crèche in Lekgophung. We are building a new roof for the school.
This large buffalo herd has a hard time traversing the rather thick mud of Inkwe Pan. But they still seem to like it!
Have you ever watched the spectacle of a large herd of elephants at the waterhole? Rhulani Safari Lodge’s Ranger Alasdair tells us tells us about his fascination with elephants and how beautiful it is to watch them for hours playing and having fun in the mud.