The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
On a sunny day with a steel blue sky, we watch lions at their main daytime activity. They get a rest and give themselves cuddles.
If you are used to the dryness of Madikwe and the characteristic pictures of yellow-brown savannahs with arid trees then you were astonished at the change in November. The first rain brought us a real transformation of nature. The animals appreciate this, and our safaris gave impressions in quite unfamiliar colors.
Did you know that one of the lionesses, which can be found near #RhulaniSafariLodge, is almost incredibly 20 years old, that she has an incredible size and is often in a bad mood? Rhulani’s Ranger Martin tells us more about this magnificent wildcat, which we call “Mgogo Mika”.