The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Afternoon safari in the setting sun, and here two elephants, that pass the time with some play fighting in the backlight of the sun. Let’s just watch them a little bit.
Did you know that some animals, especially herbivores, sometimes chew bones, when they are deficient in certain nutrients such as phosphorus or calcium? Rhulani’s ranger Willem shows us a recent sighting of a Kudu cow and he tells us more about this behavior which is called “Osteophagy”.