The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
These beautiful close-ups of a Warthog mummy with two cute piglets, which are eating together at the waterhole, were made from Rhulani’s underground hide. The shy animals did not notice our presence.
An interesting blog today, again in the middle of the bush on safari, with Ralf. We take a look at a tree that has a red colored bark, which comes from a chemical called “tannin”, which the tree produces in its defense. And so we speak today of the defense mechanisms of the trees.