The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
The annual safety assessment, which Rhulani Safari Lodge has to go through to authorize sales in the United Kingdom, was once again successful. This assessment received a special mark this year due to the evaluation of our operation in times of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Take a look how close the two Lion buddies Kwandwe and Monomogolo pass our vehicle. They walk slowly, seem very relaxed, and roar. Simply impressive, do you think so too?
We still have our morning coffee in hand, go to the office, want to start our working day. Alisdair, our ranger, in the corner of his eye sees there is a pride of lions approaching our watering hole. This is the first lion visit Rhulani Safari Lodge since we reopened. An ideal opportunity to observe this unique spectacle up close from our new Tshembo hide. Let’s be silent, but let’s go!