The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
After a lot of optimization in the technology, we are now improving the aesthetics. The bases on which the solar system stands are now painted with fresh paint. In the end, the bases should adapt well to the surrounding nature, both in the dry winter and in the summer, where green grass grows. Not an easy task.
The almost completely dried out Thlou Dam looks almost apocalyptic, but the atmosphere with the setting sun and the lonely elephant looking for water are simply unique and magical.
Every year: Well coordinated with the global “Rhino Day”, an event with lots of activities and information about endangered rhinos took place in the Madikwe Game Reserve. No question that Rhulani was present this time too, and that some of our guests were also fascinated by this important topic.