The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
They eat their leaves and branches and, as we observe today, they like to scratch them at the trunk of the tree after a mud batch. Let’s watch this male elephant as he scratches his butt.
Rhulani is actually a very calm and safe place. But safety is still our top priority. In today’s blog, Rolf shows us how you, as our guest, are warned about a fire in your chalet. He introduces the “smoke detector” to you.