The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Madikwe Game Reserve is a true bird paradise. According to the latest estimates, there are more than 400 different bird species. On 17 October 2018 we began to photograph the birds and to create an encyclopedia. Our guests win a cocktail at the bar when they send us a new bird photo. Follow the current status here!
Offering not just the Big Five but also its own specialized Top 10, Madikwe Game Reserve is one of South Africa’s largest and most exclusive reserves. Guests of the luxury lodges get the run of Madikwe’s 750 sq km of open plains and classic bushveld, making this conservation success story a memorable experience – from animal sightings to sundowners.