The adventure begins the moment you arrive at Madikwe Game Reserve. An African welcome awaits you at the lodge. Rhulani means "relax" so we invite you to sit back and enjoy the African bush with us!
Creating Rhulani has been both stimulating and inspirational. We set out to transform the ordinary into the extraordinary, to build a modern-day refuge, an oasis of calm, a place to nourish the soul and lift the spirit. We invite you to experience the serenity and harmony of this special place with us – come celebrate nature, celebrate life.
- Malaria-Free Big Five game reserve
- Four and a half hour drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria
- Seven luxury chalets, each with a private deck, plunge pool and Morso fireplace
- One luxury two-bedroom suite with its own lounge for families
- Unforgettable game drive experiences
- Boma dinners, indoor dining, romantic dinners for two
- Serviced by an amazing team of dedicated, proud and passionate staff
Do you know the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning at Rhulani Safari Lodge? You will go on about a 3.5 hour game drive at sunrise. And then you return to the lodge, full of impressions and experiences, and you are hungry. Let’s go to breakfast!
As suggested by its name, the yellow-billed kite is easily recognized by its entirely yellow bill. It is mostly an intra-African breeding migrant, present in Southern Africa from July to March. Let’s watch this beautiful bird that occurs also in Madikwe Game Reserve.
Did you know that the elephants in Madikwe can get pretty close? Rhulani’s ranger Ralf tells us about a recent encounter with an elephant bull that was standing very close to his vehicle, and he says how important it is to always give the animal enough space.