Can you cater for special dietary requirements?
One of the most frequently asked questions: Which menu options does Rhulani Safari Lodge offer, and how can special dietary requirements of our guests be taken into account?
Nowadays, special eating habits and wishes for specific meals are becoming more and more common among our guests. As we are a small lodge, we are happy to accommodate individual requests. Our excellent chefs offer various menu options at no extra charge. As you know, your stay is on a "full board basis", so meals are always included.
The following options are available:
- Standard menu options for dinner: You can always choose from two menus, which include either meat or fish, or you can choose our “vegetarian option”
- Children’s menu: For our smallest guests you can make a special choice, for example: Pizza, Macaroni & Cheese, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Chicken Schnitzel and Chips, Burger & Chips
- Halal: We are “halal friendly”, which means we can do everything possible but not guaranteed. We have halal friendly Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Kosher: We are “kosher friendly”, which means we can do everything possible but not guaranteed. We are only able to assist with “strictly kosher requests” in case you book Rhulani on “exclusive use” and where you will bring your own chef to prepare the food with assistance from our chefs. We can order kosher friendly food if your chef sends us the list of food required. In case of smaller groups, we will not be able to offer “strictly kosher meals” as our kitchen is not kosher. In this case you will need to supply us with the food. We do have Kosher plates, glasses and cutlery (some kosher guests we had in the past would braai their own meat and we just supply them with a salad)
- Vegetarian: We cater for the following: Fruitarian (only eats fruit), Ovotarian (eats Vegetables and Eggs), Lactotarian (eats vegetables and Dairy), Pescatarian (eats vegetables and Fish), Pokotarian (eats vegetables and Chicken)
- Vegan: We cater “true vegetarian” and offer Ratatouille, Vegetable Stir-fry, Mushroom Nut Curry, Vegetable Cous Cous, Pumpkin Risotto, Potato Curry, Golden Vegetable Paella, Brinjal Pasta
- Gluten free: We cater for Gluten Free and have a variety of gluten free product (Gluten Free Bread, Muffins, and Cakes)
- Lactose intolerant: We cater for Lactose Intolerant (No Dairy from a cow) as we can substitute this with Soya Milk, Almond Milk)
- Other allergies: We also cater for other allergies: Nut Allergy, Iodine Allergy (Shellfish) – you would just need to let us know of how serious the allergy is so we can make sure there is no cross contamination and also advise the paramedic regarding the seriousness of the allergy in case something had to happen
Take a look here. New life is arising in the park. Much to the delight of Rhulani’s ranger…Read more